Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Jetty Island Trip of 2011


 Some of our friends met up with the boys and I at Jetty Island. It was a very fun trip!
Alestair found this uprooted tree that he loved playing and digging next to. This was Emmett's first time being able to really dig in the sand. He loved it. The tide was supposed to come in at 1 and since we were stuck on the island from 12pm to 5:45pm (LONGEST DAY EVER!) We figured it would be ok to let the kids play on the sand bar for a while and when the tide came in we could play in the waves. Well it didn't come in.
We actually had to trek it out about 500 feet of very wet sand that you completely sunk into to get to the waves. Alestair loved being in the real ocean. He kept freaking me out by diving into it.
I was very thankful to have my ergo carrier and put my very sleepy Emmett into it (Emmett decided on only one nap that day and since we were on the island didnt get his one nap). Alestair had lots of fun in the ocean. On one of our treks to the bathroom I told him about how my dad loved the ocean too. He seemed to think this was pretty awesome.
I loved watching my boys digging and having fun in the sand without my needing to be right by them. I got to take a lot of pictures and really enjoy it. We built some "sand castles" they were more sand piles. Alestair and I wrote letters in the sand. He is obessed with letters. I am hoping this means he is super smart. He can write o, l, i, I, A, u, U, and C, c very well on his own. It was a very warm day (our first week of summer maybe?) and I got burned. Not bad burned but definetly pink. Alestair and Emmett got pretty tanned even though I put sunscreen on them over and over. I think that just mentioning that there is sun Emmett gets two shades darker and his hair gets lighter. On our way home Alestair went through the list of people he wanted to take back to the beach with us. Daddy, Grandmas, his Undles, his Maddy and her family, his Aunts, his cousins, and of course his Ennit (Emmett). Oh and his "more buckets".

No comments:

Robert and Mindy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Alestair

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Emmett

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Oliver

Lilypie First Birthday tickers