Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pre 4th of July sparklers and Marshmallow roasting.

We really wanted to light some fireworks off. Obviously it was not the warmest of nights. Alestair was the only one of us that decided he was warm enough without long sleeves. We decided that friends or not we were going to let the boys stay up late and make some fire :). The boys were excited! They watched me set up while Robert got them ready and the sparklers ready. We kept the rest of our fireworks for the actual Fourth of July. Alestair was of course most excited to roast marshmallows. He has never done sparklers before so this was a big deal.
My boys. Alestair wanted to take pictures with Emmett really bad.
Neither one wanted to look at me though. I love Emmett trying to
sneak Alestair's marshmallow and Alestair laughing at him.

The boys loved to eat the marshmallows but couldn't wait for them to roast. I however used the red (or pink) white and blue star marshmallows and made a very beautiful marshmallow stack.

 Robert soon brought out the sparklers. He got Alestair started with one and stood back while I took pictures. Emmett watched from the sidewalk. Robert was never far away. Alestair did really well and listened far better than I think he had in days.


With Robert's help Emmett got to do one sparkler for his second Fourth of July. He was pretty happy with it. He said "OOOOO!" nearly the whole time. I love his O face!
We got a cute video of him with the sparklers. He only tried to reach for it once. I love nights where we get to do things like this. It is so much fun and such a memory!

No comments:

Robert and Mindy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Alestair

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Emmett

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Oliver

Lilypie First Birthday tickers