Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Snow Globe Making

I finished our fish unit in preschool with a snowglobe making day. I used shrink paper (found in Joanns in the art area) to make fish that were small enough to fit into babyfood jars. I left a little piece of the the shrink paper hanging from them to attach them to our rocks. You have to cut the shrink paper before shrinking it. Anyway I used this book: Love the Earth Crafts (also found at Joanns). I mostly followed the directions but I super glued our fish and rocks to the inside of the lid. I also tried to do stickers as confetti which was not the winner. We used glitter for the real deal. If I were to do it again I would use confetti and no super glue. I am not sure what glue doesn't disolve after days of being in water but I will have to find one before we do it again. Also the directions said that glycerin would be found in the home baking area; Competely untrue its a laxative folks. I also put far more glycerin in so that the water would be thicker for the glitter. I would probably use a larger jar too. But it was still a huge hit and the kids carried them around. I glued the lids shut so no one took anything back out of the jar. It was a very fun project and although I would suggest older kids or a second parent it was perfect for our preschool activity day :)

No comments:

Robert and Mindy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Alestair

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Emmett

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Oliver

Lilypie First Birthday tickers